Since I missed the show due to illness and the pressure was off to hurry up and finish, I took a step back from the Bus to work on the touch sensitive on switch that will be on the base.
I decided to use some T4 Billet Aluminum I had. It was doing nothing sitting around for 8 years so it was sacrificed.
Notching out the lip before cutting it off.
Lip and cup... next is to drill the holes for the screws.
The logo parts laid out on 4mm plate aluminum.
After carefully cutting them out and spending hours filing and sanding them by hand.
Once the basic shape was good, I had to bevel all the pieces... looking better...
I got the acrylic, cut and sanded a round piece and bonded the aluminum logo pieces to it. Then I sanded the backside of the acrylic and put it into the cup.
The top part of the on switch is now done. Now I have to work on the back side of this that will have the printed circuit boards and necessary circuits to make it all work. Once done, touching any part of the logo, not the ring, will trigger it on for a period of time then shut off. This logo will light up along with triggering the Bus to light up.