Αποστολέας Θέμα: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD...The Bus  (Αναγνώστηκε 9817 φορές)

0 μέλη και 1 επισκέπτης διαβάζουν αυτό το θέμα.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Teddz77

• Scale 1/144
  • modelclub.gr
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD...The Bus
« στις: Απρίλιος 17, 2014, 12:06:05 μμ »
Yia sas...

I'm new here and since my Greek writing skills are lacking, my first post will be in english... subsequent posts will be greeklish (Xristo said I could). ANYWAY... onto the thema...

I'm a member of the Replica Props Forum (therpf.com) and recently started a build for a customer in the states. The customer wanted the Bus for his theater room. I've also entered it into the RPF's 2014 build contest (due by May 31st). 1st prize is a battlestar galactica replica flight helmet, which I plan on winning.  8)

In case you don't know what the bus is,

so... onto the build...
starting with the engines... what I thought to be the easy parts... mpourdes!
Those ejector pin marks annoy me to no end.

Step 1 after the 1/2's are together...

step 2.. seen here side by side with what the kit supplied engine looks like (on the left)

step 3... the fun part.

inserted, cleaned up a bit (still more needed)

In all, 18 pieces of styrene are added to each of the 6 engines before they are put together with the outer shell.

While waiting on the little bits to dry, I also worked on some sub-assemblies... ran fiber optics through the wings and wanted to test (since it's the first time I'm working with FO) I love this stuff!!

so that's all for now... I have more pics, but haven't uploaded yet.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος KWSTAS

• Scale 1/35
  • Τόπος: PERISTERI_ATHENS
  • There are no perfect models but we will keep tryin
Απ: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD...The Bus
« Απάντηση #1 στις: Απρίλιος 17, 2014, 12:23:39 μμ »
Wow. Great start. The F.O. give great realism
in every build .

( Some of us are members at R.P.F.  too  :wink: )

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Teddz77

• Scale 1/144
  • modelclub.gr
« Απάντηση #2 στις: Απρίλιος 17, 2014, 04:14:36 μμ »
kai esi sto RPF eh? Nice...

Once this build is done, I plan on starting the build on my big project... Victory II class Star Destroyer... in studio scale (4' or 1.20m). This isn't a commission, just something I want in my living room.

I'm using the part maps from the studio scale SD found on the RPF and whatever kits I can still find at a reasonable price (just the sealab kit costs up to $800, so that's a no) but I'm still looking at a couple thousand euros in kits (already 600 euros in kits stuffed in a closet). Obviously, FO lighting all around and like the Victory I class SD, this one will have the 'wings' that open up (servo controlled) for maneuvering in an atmosphere.

Hopefully, by the time I get deep into this build, sometime this summer, I'll have my CNC laser up and running.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος ramfighter

• Xrepi Model Collector
  • Scale 1/35
  • Τόπος: Αθήνα
« Απάντηση #3 στις: Απρίλιος 17, 2014, 06:00:56 μμ »
Welcome to our forum  Teddz77 and what a beatiful subject you have chosen to come with. Being a fan of the show, i love watching someone finally  building the bus  :!: :!:

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Teddz77

• Scale 1/144
  • modelclub.gr
« Απάντηση #4 στις: Απρίλιος 20, 2014, 04:20:22 μμ »
Kalo Pasxa!!

Update to the Bus...

I've been working out the wing placement so I can then make the mounts for them and blend them into the fuselage.
Rough cut the 2nd set...

Contoured cut and dry fit onto the fuselage in accordance with the screen used aircraft.. not the blueprint. The Blueprint has the wings too far aft. Still needs a bit of work, but looks good.

Another little detail I noticed... the rear cone... back-filled with some milliputty and shaped... almost there...

Αποσυνδεδεμένος dkakos

• Δημήτρης Κακογιαννάκος, Σύλλογος Μοντελιστών Καβάλας
  • Scale 1/48
  • Τόπος: Σέρρες
  • Quod in Vita Agimus, In Aeternum Resonat!
    • SWAT sig
« Απάντηση #5 στις: Απρίλιος 20, 2014, 04:39:57 μμ »
Very interesting project out of an awesome series!
Please tell me that you gonna leave the cargo bay open and add Lola, so I can start drooling ....  ::eusa_pray::

Αποσυνδεδεμένος nikosmeta

• Scale 1/35
  • Τόπος: ΑΘΗΝΑ
« Απάντηση #6 στις: Απρίλιος 20, 2014, 05:56:44 μμ »
Great project and great start. I will follow with interest.  ::hi:: ::keep_mod::

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Teddz77

• Scale 1/144
  • modelclub.gr
« Απάντηση #7 στις: Απρίλιος 20, 2014, 06:14:21 μμ »
The overall plan is to display the Bus on the ground with the cargo bay opened and the detailed lab with all the interior lights. I also thought about Lola, but the on eI found on Ebay was sold out and it'll need some work to get it to look right.

Once the RPF contest is over, and it wins ;)  I'm going to build the rest of the display for it. Most likely, it's going to look like the parking spot it has at the Hub.

I also plan on creating ID cards, personnel files, the emergency procedures card, SHIELD Airborne Command patch, an aluminum SHIELD logo with blue lights and going to top it all off with the blueprint offered by Marvel... you know so heads just explode.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Teddz77

• Scale 1/144
  • modelclub.gr
« Απάντηση #8 στις: Απρίλιος 21, 2014, 12:10:30 πμ »
mepasie kopsimo.  :lol:

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Amen

• Scale 1/35
  • Τόπος: Λάρισα
  • Αρης
    • My photo Gallery
« Απάντηση #9 στις: Απρίλιος 21, 2014, 02:29:35 μμ »
Welcome aboard! nice detailed project man.Keep up!

Αποσυνδεδεμένος KWSTAS

• Scale 1/35
« Απάντηση #10 στις: Απρίλιος 21, 2014, 05:13:10 μμ »
mepasie kopsimo.  :lol:

This expression means something else.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Teddz77

• Scale 1/144
  • modelclub.gr
« Απάντηση #11 στις: Μάιος 02, 2014, 12:58:17 πμ »
Here's some more...

cut and stretched.

fixed the other side.

Glued up the sides.

Look at all that room for the Lab, Staircase and lighting...

While waiting on the sides to dry, worked on the landing gear.

Also worked on flushing out the wing and mount.

I like.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος jim40

• Τζαλαχάνης Δημήτρης
  • Scale 1/35
  • Τόπος: Γιαννιτσά
  • go ahead punk make my day
« Απάντηση #12 στις: Μάιος 02, 2014, 01:10:22 πμ »
Nice work and very interesting  ::salut:: ::salut:: ::salut:: ::salut:: keep working i like it  :D

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Amen

• Scale 1/35
  • Τόπος: Λάρισα
  • Αρης
    • My photo Gallery
« Απάντηση #13 στις: Μάιος 03, 2014, 11:51:43 μμ »
Very accurate build! keep up

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Teddz77

• Scale 1/144
  • modelclub.gr
« Απάντηση #14 στις: Μάιος 13, 2014, 12:52:33 μμ »
Figured out the LED circuits for the BUS over the weekend.

I went a little overboard with 555 chips, but they work so well...

So here's what you're looking at...
Top breadboard is the ON switch. I blame this on all the SHIELD episodes I've watched and continue to watch. It's a 555 Touch Sensitive switch with an auto-off function after about 20 seconds (for now). The final ON switch will be the SHIELD logo that will be built into the display base and once touched, not only will the Bus come to life and light up but so will the logo. ;)

The bottom board (main board) has:
1x 555 LED dimmer for the green cockpit LED
1x 555 LED Strobe (modified Flashing LED circuit)
1x Bright White LED for all landing lights
1x Red & 1x Green LED's for the NAV lights.

here it is in operation...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpNll31FmM0

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Teddz77

• Scale 1/144
  • modelclub.gr
« Απάντηση #15 στις: Μάιος 14, 2014, 04:31:27 μμ »
By the way, if anyone wants to play around with the schematics and/or files for the PCB when I'm done, let me know. I'll be more than happy to help out.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος KWSTAS

• Scale 1/35
« Απάντηση #16 στις: Μάιος 18, 2014, 03:01:03 πμ »
A yes the good old 555...
I would like to know about the schematics for the circuit.
Just 1 question : Why did you have to use so many 555s?
I see only 1 led flashing at your video. The others seem
just lit. Maybe I missed something, I don't know.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Teddz77

• Scale 1/144
  • modelclub.gr
« Απάντηση #17 στις: Μάιος 18, 2014, 09:15:54 μμ »
Yea, I'm really enjoying the 555... The first 555 is for an adjustable LED dimmer (5%-95%). The green LED is for the cockpit lights that aren't as bright as the nav lights. That's the only reason I used that 555 on that board. I kinda went nuts with the 555's since I had about 20 on hand, finding the 555-timer-circuit.com website and watching episodes of SHIELD on repeat. I blame SHIELD and their gadgets for this... I think I could have gone with resistors and such, but my electrical engineering skills are still of uber-noob status and since it worked, I'm not fixing it until it stops working. ;)

All my schematics were taken from there and the LED Strobe is a modification of the LED Flashing circuit-- addition of a resistor and diode between pins 7 and 2 along with the pots instead of the resistors the schematic calls for.

I tried to use a PCB program to get it done, but it was being difficult and just made my PCB design in Illustrator. I'm going to produce a PCB tonight and test it. If you hear anything about something going boom in Xalandri, don't worry, it's all under control and I'm ok. :)

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Teddz77

• Scale 1/144
  • modelclub.gr
« Απάντηση #18 στις: Μάιος 19, 2014, 11:59:15 πμ »
here's the first try at the PCB. Unfortunately, the drill bit broke on the 3rd hole and ruined the board.   :(

Now I need to stop everything and go pic up some carbide bits and a new drill press...

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Teddz77

• Scale 1/144
  • modelclub.gr
« Απάντηση #19 στις: Ιούνιος 01, 2014, 05:56:49 μμ »
This past month, I had my mom in from NY, so the build took a back seat while I spent time with her. Some progress was made, but not enough to finish it and have it ready for the close of the RPF contest. Oh well, next year. So onto what's been done since the last update...

The circuit board was redesigned a bit and came out flawless. I'm going to make a bunch of these for some other models I have... If anyone wants one, let me know. :)

All put together and lit up. I put a slightly taller styrene sleeve over the flattened LED and then black heat-shrink tubing to completely block out any light.

Installed with fiber optics in place for cockpit, forward landing lights and strobe... just before I closed up the cargo area.

It's all getting power via the landing gear. Here is the mock up I tested.

on the model

from another angle...  :wink:

Front landing gear well fiber optics

Cockpit detail

test fit

painted and fiber optics installed... flat black, gloss black panels, radome tan.

Got the rear section together and ran the fiber optics for the nav lights. Red top, Green bottom. Also flushed out the wing mounts.

looks about right.  :D

Also reshaped the tail cone to be correct. The one on the model is too blunt when compared to the Bus on the show.

Painted the engines

Closed up the cargo area

Wings ready to go with fiber optics installed.

Aft section is on so I can attach the fiber optics...

with the lights on...  8)

so that's where it's at... I plan to have it done very soon... I have other projects and need to get to the beach ASAP!

Αποσυνδεδεμένος KWSTAS

• Scale 1/35
« Απάντηση #20 στις: Ιούνιος 02, 2014, 02:00:15 πμ »
Great. Keep up.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Teddz77

• Scale 1/144
  • modelclub.gr
« Απάντηση #21 στις: Ιούνιος 26, 2014, 12:55:47 μμ »
I didn't win the RPF Modeling contest... I would have been shocked if I did win with an unfinished model. I plan on being in the upcoming IPMS-Hellas show in October... Let's see what the Bus does there. ;)

My mom was in from NYC for a little over a month so work was very slow as I hadn't seen her in 4 years and wanted to spend time with her.

Anyway, back to the Bus...

The previous method I used for my PCB's... laser printed on glossy photo paper then heat transferred to the copper sheet. I recently started to use silk screening...

A quick dry fit to see what it looks like on the 40 x 40 x 1 cm Black Granite tile I'm considering using for the base. (tile is leftover from my upstairs kitchen remodeling I did a few years ago)

Close up of the tile... those specs shimmer and change color.

Modifying the sponson to the same length as the opposite side.
before the cut

after cutting and gluing back in place.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Teddz77

• Scale 1/144
  • modelclub.gr
« Απάντηση #22 στις: Αύγουστος 14, 2014, 09:29:30 μμ »
Yet another part being prepared for shipping... Looks official.  :mrgreen:

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Teddz77

• Scale 1/144
  • modelclub.gr
« Απάντηση #23 στις: Σεπτέμβριος 19, 2014, 12:40:49 πμ »
It's been a while since the last update... I've been very busy with several projects including building my own CNC router and CNC laser cutter/engraver. Anyway, I'm finishing up the Bus for the IPMS-Hellas show this October.... Here's what's transpired...

One of the last modifications was the addition of the hump.  I've cut the section away at the panel line and kept the arch for the cockpit glass, also to keep things where they're supposed to be.

First attempt at getting the height, I glued 2mm styrene strip but it was too much and made it look strange.

The angle was all wrong, so I removed the 2mm and put in 1.4 mm strip. Cut a couple of reliefs into the top and heated them until I got it where I wanted. Looks much nicer. Ugly, but nicer.

Next on the hump, was the skylight for Coulson's office. This little thing took me all day, literally 8-fun-filled-exiplative-laden hours to complete. I had only one shot to get it right and kept checking and rechecking against the screen caps I had because failure at this point would be very bad (no spare fuselage to cut up). I went very slow when cutting too. That square hole by the wing is an access point so I can drill into the LED and attach the Fiber Optics for the office.

all cut out... I can relax.

Since it's going to get 'frosted glass' it needs a backing...

One of the 3 fiber optic strands in the office.

Now that the office is done and in place, top section attached, time to close it up.

The area of the hump just aft of the office is too flat. Millitput to the rescue!!

Still needs a bit of work, but it's looking good.

And let's not forget to plug it in as see it all lit up.

So that's where she's at...
See you in October.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος KWSTAS

• Scale 1/35
« Απάντηση #24 στις: Σεπτέμβριος 19, 2014, 01:02:13 πμ »
Love it!!!!!

Tags: